Thursday, September 14, 2017

Depiction Build 12629 is now available

Ok, in my last post I indicated that I didn't want to upload the unlicensed version until we had eliminated all references to our servers.  Well some reality caught up with me and I realized that I need to retract that statement.  I had indicated before that David Li was making these changes out of the goodness of his heart but he has another job and only so much time available.  I also realized that we are endanger of losing our internet connection because of non-payment of our bill. So I have uploaded the latest version Depiction12629Setup.exe to the drop box folder.   This version eliminates the licensing requirement for our software.  I am not exactly sure what kind of errors you might encountered on this or the prior version once our servers go down, we will have to wait and see.  I am hoping that it will only effect certain quickstart data sources.  There is an outside chance that it might impact initial geo-coding of a location when you start a new depiction.  If you get that error then remember you can always start a new depiction by entering the lat/long, which doesn't require access to our servers. If you encounter errors please post a comment on this blog.  I am still hoping David will be able to make these final changes but we will have to wait and see.

We are still waiting to hear back from the individual that had indicated a desire to buy the IP.  If we don't end up selling it to him then we will be making the source code open source and hopefully there will be others out there willing to make improvements to the program.

Our website is run off of Godaddy servers and will still be up for awhile longer even if we lose our internet access to our servers.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Progress on Free Version 

David Li has created a version of Depiction sans licensing and activation. I have tested it and it works.  However, I don't want to release it until we have also removed any other references to our servers which at this point will probably come down sometime in early October.  I don't want our customers to have to download and install multiple versions.  Stay tuned to this blog for further updates.  However, once we have the final version I will send out another email to our list.  If you have any questions please feel free to email me at